What We Offer
South Farnham Teaching School is an Appropriate Body for the Professional Induction of Newly Qualified Teachers for primary schools and academies across Surrey.
This service is built around the three main responsibilities of administration, quality assurance and supporting & monitoring. It is the responsibility of schools to ensure that they commit appropriate resources to the induction of newly qualified teachers. It is the responsibility of the Appropriate Body to ensure quality of this induction provision.
The South Farnham Teaching School NQT programme is a streamlined assessment process related to the Teachers’ Standards; it is focused on efficient use of time for greatest impact on the NQT’s progress and attainment.
The cost is £299 per NQT or £260 for SSF SCITT alumni.
Our Appropriate Body will:
- Register and monitor the progress of NQTs and report to the NCTL
- Make decisions on the outcome of statutory induction for NQTs
- Hold half termly twilight training meetings at different venues across Surrey at no extra cost for NQTs
- Deliver a training session for Induction Tutors and mentors of NQTs who are new to the South Farnham Teaching School Appropriate Body
- Provide a handbook for all NQTs and Induction Tutors and mentors
- Quality assure schools’ systems for monitoring, supporting and assessing NQTs
- Provide phone/ email support for Headteachers and NQT Induction Tutors
If you would like to register your NQT with us, please complete the expression of interest form and we will be in contact shortly.