Ethos and Values
ETHOS VALUES & AIMS
In accordance with the Trust wide Principles, Aims & Ethos http://www.sfet.org.uk/page/?title=Principles%2C+Aims+%26amp%3B+Ethos&pid=8 The individual ethos & values specific to South Farnham School are as follows:
We aim to help our children, with the co-operation of their parents, to
- develop into happy and confident individuals with a secure foundation in learning that will last throughout their lives.
- develop lively and enquiring minds through knowledge with understanding.
- establish a command of the subjects contained in the National Curriculum.
- value and understand religious and moral beliefs and develop a respect for
- the views of others.
- understand something of the world in which we live with regard for our mutual dependence on others as individuals, groups and nations.
- appreciate human achievements and aspirations.
We try to do this by providing
- a school environment in which they can enjoy developing their mental and physical abilities.
- whole school and individual staff professional development which ensures the highest quality of teaching and learning.
- opportunities to work with other children and adults in a friendly atmosphere and so develop social skills in co-operating with each other.
- an environment that vigorously pursues excellence.
We have wider aims to
- play our part in raising national standards in education through sharing good practice with other schools and teachers across the country.
- take a leading role in national initiatives and be in the forefront of educational thinking.